A GPS navigation system can add a tremendous amount of convenience to your car. Turn-by-turn directions and GPS positioning ensure that you will never be lost,even when driving in unfamiliar territory. Installing these systems can be very expensive,but doing it yourself can help to reduce the costs,as long as you feel comfortable with wiring and stereo installations.
Things You'll Need
GPS navigation system
Drill and drill bit
1. Go to your local electronics store or online and buy a navigation system that is compatible with your year Accord.
2. Unscrew the screws on the both sides of your center console cover. Then remove the center console cover from the car.
3 .Pull out the old radio and disconnect the wires in the back.
4. Mount the CPU to a safe place under the dash. You can do this using velcro tape to stick the unit to the underside of the dash. Some kits may have a CPU mount that you can screw into place.
5. Mount the antenna to the corner of the dashboard under the windshield. It will have an adhesive strip on the underside which you will use to stick it onto the very corner of the dash,as close to where the windshield meets the dash as possible.
6. Run the wires provided from the CPU to the antenna and the navigation unit.
7. Plug the wire harness into the back of the navigation unit.
8. Slide the navigation unit into the dashboard,being careful not to disconnect any of the wires Autel VAG505
9. Screw the center console piece back into place.
10. Program the GPS system using the manual that came with it.
Tips & Warnings
Read through any instructions that came with the GPS system to make sure there are no special instructions with the system you bought maxidiag elite md802
Always disconnect the power when working with wiring. Do this by removing the negative (black) wire from your car's battery.