This afternoon, a female car driver took her Citroen 16V to my garage. The driver told me that her car was not able to accelerate over 60 miles an hour when she was about to pick up her child from school.
I tried to learn more about the car, but the driver did not know it well. And I had to check the car on my own. It seemed that there were a lot of problems with the vehicle–it was obvious that its trouble light on the dashboard was illuminated and its belt was squeaking. After I connected an obd2
V47 to troubleshoot the car, I got several fault codes, indicating to oxygen sensor problem, timing belt fault and intake pressure problem.
According to the driver, it was a second-hand car and she only bought it to pick up her daughter from school. That made sense. I erased the codes first, and then replaced its timing tensioning wheel and its timing belt. I did not removed the crankshaft gear as a matter of convenience. Then I went on a test drive, and the belt did not squeaking anymore. And there was no error code when I used the PP2000/Lexia-3
for another round of diagnosing.
In this case, the oil and spark plug of the vehicle also needed to be changed. But considering the repair bill which was nearly $300, I decided to let the driver to make the decision tomorrow.